The Pupil Premium is an allocation of additonal funds from the Government to address the current underlying inequalities between specific children and their peers who may be vulnerable to possible underachievement.
Pupil Premium is paid to:-
- Pupils who are entitled to Free School Meals .
- Pupils who have been in Local Authority Care.
- Pupils of parents who are serving in the Armed Forces.
Does my child qualify for pupil premium?
If you receive any of the following support payments your child may be entitled to free school meals:-
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit.
- Universal Credit.
Even if your child does not want a school meal it is a good idea to register because once registered the Government will give the Pupil Premium for your child to the Centre. The Centre can then put this money towards providing all of the additional opportunities and support systems such as those mentioned below.
Below are some of the opportunities and support systems that the Centre have been able to put into place due to Pupil Premium funding in previous financial years
- To provide opportunities for all children to read at least 3 times a week.
- To provide additional support for children with 2 year disparity between their spelling ages and their chronological age.
- To provide opportunities for parent/school involvement.
- To provide additional resources that support PHSE in school to promote health and well-being and to maintain personal hygiene.
- To provide support with parental contributions to school trips, extra curricular activities etc.,